Thursday, April 30, 2009
Things I take for granted.
By this time in my life, I 've started to notice a lot things that I take for granted. When I do realize something, I read about it and no longer take that thing for granted. I pass this along to my son as well so he doesn't grow up blind to the fact that we have it good for the most part. I've found an article in an online news source and it blew me away. In South Sudan, the people are rejoicing over the arrival of six motorbike amblances. Yes, I too was surprised but it's true. They have no source of transportation to get to the hospital. Pregnat woman to every day injuries. Who could concieve here in America calling 911 and requesting an ambulance and the dispatcher telling you 'sorry, can't get one to you'. What the hell would you say to that? These motorbikes are equipped with off-road tires and sidecar that you can partially lye down in. Bumpy ride for sure, but since the arrival of these, pregnant mortalities have been cut in half. Not to shabby. These motorbikes can access roads that have blown to shit from all the war and from the fact that the roads suck to begin with. I felt happy knowing that these people can now have some sort of transportation now. These sidecars even come with a shade to keep the patient from suffering from heat stroke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment